Why can't I create my room?
Room names must follow these rules:
- 127 characters or less.
- Must start with a letter or a number.
- Must only contain letters (a-z), numbers (0-9), dashes (-) and underscores (_).
- Must not be a reserved keyword.
- Must not already be in use.
Why my room name "not available"?
A room name may be unavailable for a few reasons, but the most common is that the name is already in use by another room. There will be a red "X" next to the name to indicate the name is not available.
If the name you want is unavailable, you will need to find a new name. Some suggestions:
- Avoid short, simple words, e.g. "Math" or "Science" as many other teachers may try to use the same name.
- Customize names by adding your name, the school, or the grade or period, or some combination. For example, instead of "Science", try "ELMSScience" or "MrsSmithScience4".
- If the name is very long, try shortening it.
- If you re-use the name, double check that you do not still have an open room with the name.
Room names must also follow a few rules to make them easy to copy, paste, and link:
- Names cannot have spaces, periods, commas, or slashes.
- Names must not start with a hyphen (but otherwise hyphens are OK).
- Names must not be over 127 characters long.
- Names can have letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores (_), as well as most multilingual letters.
What browsers does TodaysMeet support?
As of March 15, 2016, TodaysMeet supports the following browsers:
Evergreen browsers (supporting the two most recent versions):
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox (and the most recent Extended Support Release)
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, version 11
- Apple Safari, version 8 and above
- iOS version 8 and above
- Chrome (most recent version)
- Chrome for Android (most recent version)
What is a Supported Browser?
We test TodaysMeet in supported browsers, and we'll fix bugs that affect supported browsers.
If a browser is not supported, it doesn't necessarily mean that TodaysMeet won't work, but if it does, there may be noticeable issues.
What are "Evergreen" Browsers?
Most browser makers have adopted a new approach to releasing new versions. Rather than making infrequent, big changes and asking you to download a new version, they release updates frequently and have the browser update itself so you don't have to.
Because evergreen browsers update themselves frequently, it doesn't make sense for TodaysMeet to support specific versions of these browsers. Instead, we support the "two most recent" versions, which covers the majority of our users who use them.
What are the system requirements for TodaysMeet?
Since TodaysMeet does not require you to download or install any software or apps, the only system requirement is a supported browser.
Why do I have to use a nickname or first name?
To protect users under the age of 13, users without accounts can only use a first name or nickname when they join a room. In particular, nicknames cannot have
- spaces, or
Users who create accounts can use spaces or punctuation in their nicknames or full names. You must be at least 18 years old, or at least 13 years old with a parent's permission, to create an account.
A student forgot their password and can't get into their account
If student's are using Google Apps for Education accounts and can't receive outside email, here's how to regain access to an account in the event of a lost or forgotten password.
- If the Google account is now connected to a different TodaysMeet account, have the student disconnect the account in their settings, and log out.
- Sign into TodaysMeet with the Google account.
- The student will be prompted to connect the Google account to their matching TodaysMeet account without a password.
The student will then have access to the TodaysMeet account! They won't be prompted to connect the account again in the future.
I click the "Open your room" button and nothing happens.
There are two browser add-ons (also called extensions) that are known to cause problems with TodaysMeet: Ghostery and DoNotTrackMe. Disabling these add-ons on
todaysmeet.comshould fix the problem.
If it does not, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.