Why my room name "not available"?
A room name may be unavailable for a few reasons, but the most common is that the name is already in use by another room. There will be a red "X" next to the name to indicate the name is not available.
If the name you want is unavailable, you will need to find a new name. Some suggestions:
- Avoid short, simple words, e.g. "Math" or "Science" as many other teachers may try to use the same name.
- Customize names by adding your name, the school, or the grade or period, or some combination. For example, instead of "Science", try "ELMSScience" or "MrsSmithScience4".
- If the name is very long, try shortening it.
- If you re-use the name, double check that you do not still have an open room with the name.
Room names must also follow a few rules to make them easy to copy, paste, and link:
- Names cannot have spaces, periods, commas, or slashes.
- Names must not start with a hyphen (but otherwise hyphens are OK).
- Names must not be over 127 characters long.
- Names can have letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores (_), as well as most multilingual letters.